You’ve probably heard a lot about chiropractic care, from friends who say it has changed their lives. Maybe you’ve read some intriguing stories on Facebook, or even experienced the difference for yourself. But there are probably a few things you don’t know about chiropractic care. These nine facts might even surprise you!
- Doctors of Chiropractic must complete 4,200 hours of classroom, laboratory, and clinical internships during their four-year doctoral programs.
- There are about 95,000 Doctors of Chiropractic worldwide, and about 10,000 students are enrolled in doctoral programs in the United States right now.
- Chiropractors treat over 35 million adults and children annually in the United States alone.
- Each day, about one million chiropractic adjustments are performed around the world.
- All 32 National Football League teams employ chiropractors to maintain wellness, treat injuries, and boost performance for their players.
- Even infants can benefit from chiropractic care; certain positions in the womb and birth are both hard on their little bodies! Adjustments are tailored to be gentle and comfortable for newborns.
- Chiropractic care is recognized and regulated by law in 40 countries, and all 50 states here in the US.
- After a workplace injury, you are up to 28 times less likely to need spinal surgery if you’re seen by a chiropractor first.
- Treatment for lower back pain costs about 20 percent less when care is sought through a chiropractor rather than a MD.
Did any of those facts surprise you? If you have any questions about chiropractic care, or need an assessment of your condition from a chiropractor, please give us a call. We will be happy to review your situation and make a recommendation for your care.